Krematorium

 

This long building was called Barracks X.  It was built in 1942 by Polish priests and  is both the gas chamber (left end) and the crematorium (right end).

Same building during the war.  Notice the wooden partition where the cyanide drawers are hidden from view.

     One of 6 incinerators.  Each was capable of holding 7 or 8 starved victims and the burn time is calculated to be as short as 10-15 minutes per load once the correct temperature of 1400 f. was reached and maintained.

Entrance   Bunker     Barracks    Fence    Showers     Crematorium    Monuments

Map of Dachau        Ol' Army Joel's Main Page